For various reasons, I have not been great at advertising this fall (September and October were killer months for me!). But I do want to extend the invitation for portrait sessions to couples and families this holiday season – at 15% off my usual session price. I would love to book cold weather sessions. Think how fun that could be with hats and scarves and wintery lovely things?
Is it too early to share what I am working towards in my business for the near year? Nahhhh. I have been compiling a 2014 to do list in my photography business journal and I think having this list is already helping me be more productive.
- Branded materials – provide improved and consistent product designs and materials.
- Publish my “Shapes and Spaces of Charlottesville” project into a sellable photography book.
- Be a better blogger – more regular and better content.
- Client thank you gifts – send them ON TIME and not at the end of the year.
- Redesign my portrait packages – no more all inclusive high res image CDs.
- Book sessions – have more consistent income for my business. Focusing on couples, seniors, and families. Goal: at least twice as many as 2013!
- Purchase back up equipment – somehow what I have now has been perfectly sufficient, but as it ages, I need to prepare!
- Submit work to contests, exhibitions, and other networking venues.
- Compile a print portfolio book so I can show physical copies of my work to others.
- Advertise with purpose – hand out those business cards, talk, encourage word-of-mouth, use social media.
- Schedule regular critique meetings with fellow local artists/creative friends so we can learn from each other. (Something that I have done previously and would like to be more consistent about.)
- Learn, improve, grow, excel!
It would be great to achieve even half of these goals and it would be AWESOME to exceed them! I have asked for a week off in January from my day job so I can focus on getting a head start on some of these goals.
I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.
Above: Instagram photos from my West Main walk.
Thank you for stopping by today and a special thank you to my friends who have cheered me on this year!